Tek Ura is a great place to work, because of our mission and the people we work alongside
If there are no job vacancies at this time or the jobs listed are not for you, you can still sign up for our weekly email update or send us your CV to email@example.com.
If you are interested in the jobs below or in voluntary positions, message us a request and we will be happy to give you more information.
Centre Administration Officer (Part-time)
20 hours per week (1 year contract), (working hours during Monday to Friday)
Salary: 28,000 NET
Location: Kafja e Rremes, Tirana
Formed in 2016, ‘Tek Ura’ can best be described as having three interconnecting parts. We’re a vibrant church ‘Komuniteti i Besimit tek Ura’, comprised of community groups that meet to pray, eat, talk and work out how best to live out our values. We’re also a community centre, engaging with our host community by using our building and facility as a community space. Tek Ura is also a registered NGO and development agency that has rapidly grown over the past few years, providing a range of life transforming services, such as a physiotherapy clinic, learning opportunities and crisis relief.
Are you strong yet approachable, passionate yet organised, confident and good with people? Are discretion, graciousness and trustworthiness your watchwords? Do you relish a challenge? If so, we have the ideal role for you.
We are now looking for an accomplished administrator with a heart for mission to join our friendly and dynamic team. You will play a key role in organising and maintaining our administration system and ensuring our centre operates smoothly.
From providing support for recruitment and staff policy administration to making sure the stationery cupboards are fully stocked, you will be an essential part of what enables Tek Ura to function and what keeps our workers transforming lives.
Excellent administrative and organisational skills are essential
Summary of the role
Responsible for the efficient functioning of Tek Ura’s building, facilities, and administration system.
Significant areas of focus and responsibility:
- Maintains the smooth running of the centre office space
- Provide support for recruitment and staff policy administration
- Translation of team documents
- Produce office schedules, coordinate meetings and visits, organize files, answer phones, minute taking and perform a huge array of other essential tasks
- Maintaining a safe environment with proper lighting, signage, and disability access
- Drafting and updating emergency plans and evacuation procedures
- Overseeing security, fire prevention, and other safety systems
- Ensuring that the building is fit for purpose and meets hygiene standards
- Ensuring that occupants using the building are provided with proper utilities
- Organising the hiring contractors as needed to maintain or repair the buildings
- Minimum of 2 years experience within an equivalent work environment
- Degree educated (or equivalent/ qualified by experience)
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Able to work independently and to use initiative
- Excellent administration skills, and an ability to operate in both English and Albanian
- Able to proficiently use business software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and able to competently use social media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- High level of personal integrity, a strong match with the values and ethos of Tek Ura
- Experience working for a non-profit organization in a similar role
- Experience of working in a dual language environment
- Experience of maintaining a website and managing social media
- Driving Licence
- Experience of managing a small office budget (e.g. petty cash)
- English language C1 or above
How to apply
Tek Ura is striving towards equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sectors of the community. We also offer flexible working hours.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to submit a CV, letter of motivation, and two references as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants who follow these instructions will be considered.