Tek Ura is a great place to work, because of our mission and the people we work alongside
If there are no job vacancies at this time or the jobs listed are not for you, you can still sign up for our weekly email update or send us your CV to email@example.com.
If you are interested in the jobs below or in voluntary positions, message us a request and we will be happy to give you more information.
50,000L (Net) per month
32 hours per week
Monday - Friday
Location: Kafja e Rremes, Tirana
Our vision: "a flourishing community for all – where people feel valued, interconnected and are active participants"
Through 5 interlocking programs we seek to offer a crossing point for a diverse and often divided community to reconcile and live together in peace, where there is community healing, social justice and where life and faith are celebrated.
A bridge to new possibilities and hope of a flourishing future
Summary of the role
We are seeking an experienced Social Worker to join our team in Tirana.
You will encourage creative ways of working to resolve the challenges vulnerable people face and aim to promote empowerment, enabling people to take action to improve their lives.
You will work with people in a variety of different ways appropriate to individual circumstances, to help them achieve independence and exercise their human and civil rights. Working alongside a committed team, you will use your experience and knowledge of social work to engage holistically with people and families in complex social circumstances.
You will use your experience to take a lead in our ‘Connect’ and ‘Recovery’ programs, and operate our community ‘drop-in’ clinic and care management service
- Receiving callers to our centre in Kafja e Rremes
- Identifying people who need help in our community
- Assessing people’s needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals
- Developing plans to improve service users’ well-being
- Providing training on diversity and inclusion, and raising awareness of human trafficking
- Facilitating community forums and ensuring that target groups are represented, heard and involved in decision making
- Implementing sustainability plans
You will use your social work skills to provide interventions
- Helping people adjust to changes and challenges in their lives, such as illness, lack of housing, unemployment, lack of education
- Researching and referring people to community resources, such as foodbanks, child care, health care and education opportunities, along with relevant/appropriate programs operated through Tek Ura.
- Responding to crisis situations such as child abuse in communication and collaboration with the CPU and other relevant agencies
- Helping people work with government agencies to apply for and receive benefits such as KMCAP
- Advocating for and helping people get resources that would improve their well-being
- Following up with people to ensure that their situations have improved
- Improve trust, understanding, respect and positivity, by strengthening relationships and social capital in Kafja e Rremes
- Providing interventions to enable people in financial crisis move from aid to employment
- Working creatively to respond to emergencies (e.g. COVID response)
You will work within our programs to promote inclusion:
- ‘Connect’ program - reducing social exclusion of older people, people with disabilities, and marginalised families
- ‘Recovery’ program - supporting vulnerable people at risk of exploitation, and supporting people out of crisis to employment
- Only applicants who follow these instructions will be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the field of social work
- Degree educated (or equivalent/ qualified by experience)
- Proven ability to coordinate projects
- Able to work independently and to use initiative.
- Excellent organisational and personal time management skills, and able to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong match with the values and ethos of Tek Ura, non-judgemental, and adopts an anti-discriminatory approach to working
- Exceptional English and Albanian language skills
- Excellent understanding of state services and social policies
- Experience of conducting training
- Experience working for a non-profit organization
- Experience implementing a mentoring scheme
- Experience of business/ social enterprise
- Delivering training on equality and welfare rights
- Experience of direct working with Roma and Egyptian communities in Tirana
- Ability to speak Romani
- Able to drive a car
How to apply
Please send a CV and a covering letter explaining your interest in the post and how you meet the person specification for this job. We also require 2 references from previous employers.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date is Sunday, 6th September 2020.
Only applicants who follow these instructions will be considered.