Tek Ura is a great place to work, because of our mission and the people we work alongside
If there are no job vacancies at this time or the jobs listed are not for you, you can still sign up for our weekly email update or send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in the jobs below or in voluntary positions, message us a request and we will be happy to give you more information.
Church Community Worker
32 hours per week (1 year contract) including some evening work, and occasional weekends during Christian festivals
Salary: 50,000ALL per month (Net) 60,818 ALL Gross
Location: Kafja e Rremes, Tirana
Summary of the role
Are you passionate about Jesus, building community and seeing people becoming disciples?
Are you good at building relationships and making change happen?
We seek an Albanian to dedicate themselves to a new role within Komuniteti i Besimit tek Ura, a radically inclusive, non-denominational expression of church in Tirana.
We are looking for an experienced ‘Church Community Worker’ to assist our pastors and leadership by supporting and co-ordinating activities of the church, and leading people in their Christian faith journey.
You will share our Christian values, and hold a deep sense of missionary calling to live out the love of Jesus in practical, unexpected and life changing ways.
- You will be responsible for supporting and developing faith of women in and on the edge of our church community
- Working closely with the pastors you will coordinate programs for children and families to foster inclusion and belonging
- You will use your creative skills to lead our community in a range of worship
- You will provide practical and administrative support to the pastors and project coordinators, engaging with the community both in person and through social media
- Degree/Masters level qualification in a relevant area
- At least 2 years experience of leading a group
- At least 2 years experience of working with children and/or groups of women
- At least 2 years experience of having the responsibility for developing the faith in others
- Experience of leading others in prayer and worship
- Experience of using drama, music, creative arts or multi-media to communicate aspects of faith
- At least 2 years experience of translating and interpreting in English/ Albanian
- Evidence of experience that displays an interest in applied theology
- Evidence of experience(s) showing a desire to connect with marginalised and excluded people
- Evidence of an active role within a church community
- Excellent match with Tek Ura’s values
- Experience working for a non-profit organization
- Experience of using social media
- Driving license
How to apply
Download a full Job description from this link
Read and our values statement (you will be required to sign this):
Please send a CV and an email (both in English), explaining your interest in the post and how you meet the Person Specification by 5pm on 17 September 2019.
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible to Pastor Dan Dupree at email@example.com
Only applicants who follow these instructions will be considered.